Saturday, January 31, 2009

Preparing for the trip


Whew! I'm really getting in the mindset that our road trip across the States is definitely going to happen. BF and I are REALLY excited about taking a year to explore our great country (and even the Provinces of Canada) and are beginning our pre-trip plans.

I've been doing a lot of research on the Internet about Fulltiming so I went out and bought a three-subject composition book to get all of my research in order. I've also ordered my first book from Amazon and so I'm excited about learning what we need to do in order to prepare for a year on the road; there is also a list of books that I'm going to order as well, three mainly, that I feel (based on reviews) will be the best resources for us to prepare (not counting the Internet, of course).

Currently, I'm compiling lists of things we need to buy (a lap top, a generator, and a new mattress) with things we need to fix in the 5th wheel (shower, septic system, new flooring) so that we can focus on saving for the trip and for these expenses before we can even leave. It's quite excited knowing that in the very near future we're just going to GO. Leave Tucson and go wherever we decide to visit.

I think we're going to try to find some work along the way to earn a little income as well as maybe some free lodging in the process. I'm also working on the idea of pet sitting and dog grooming at different sites because so many fulltimers bring their furbabies along; there's also the idea of selling some advertising space on the back of the 5th wheel too. Hey, every little helps.

Anyway, any advice would be welcomed on any subject be it fulltiming or preparing for this exciting time in our lives!!

No comments: