Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Good and The Bad

The good:

Today I'm off work because I have to work Saturday--it is a nice break to get a day off during the week for sure, so I'm just going to take it easy today and get some things done around the house and take the girls out for a Mommy/Daughter day.

I called up Credit Card Company #1 to cancel my card prepped and ready to say NO to the offers to keep me around, well...needless to say, it didn't happen. Why you ask? Well, as you know, this credit card had a 0% interest introductory rate for 12 months and I've paid it off in advance (that's the only reason I got this card in the first place!). What I DIDN'T know is that I can have a 0% interest BALANCE TRANSFER for 12 months. What? Balance transfer on less than $300?? You might be thinking...Well, the thing is, I haven't been completely honest with you all. Where as I am about to be debt-free technically, legally, I won't be. I let boyfriend use my credit to get on his feet with some things and so now he owes me money for credit card debt and for a truck loan. He helped me get on my feet when I was unemployed for 6 months, so I was more than happy to help him get on his feet as well. What can I say? I don't regret it at all and he is amazing with making payments far exceeding the minimum balance and never late. (And yes, we have a signed, written agreement between the two of us).

In any event, since Credit Card Company #2 decided to raise my APR by 2 percentage points because of the recession, I figure this is a great way for boyfriend to save on the APR and stick it to CCC #2 and their ridiculous increase. This really is a great deal and while he's getting his credit card debt paid off, it's nice he won't have to pay any more interest on it!

The bad:

I took my cat Toddy into the vet today to get checked out...while the vet didn't feel any tumors or anything abnormal, she said he has some arthritis in his right knee and that he could have one of a number of things wrong. She took some blood from him ($121.00) and is going to get it tested so we will have results by tomorrow; here are the possibilities:

  1. Thyroid disease--treatable and manageable
  2. Diabetes--same as above
  3. Cancer--treatable
  4. Kidney disease--incurable/untreatable
She said as far as things go, we're going to hope for #1 because that's the best that could happen at this point. She said if his blood work comes back clean then we have a problem; he's been losing weight but eating like a pig and there is something going on. If it comes back negative we'll have to do ultrasounds or x-rays ($$$$$$) and then go from there.

So, please pray for my kitty that nothing serious is wrong and that it can be treated immediately.

I'm off to enjoy my day (and meet with my AF recruiter!!) Hope you enjoy yours!

No comments: