Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Simple = happiness

I forgot to mention I love quotes. A lot. So after doing a few searches on the net, I found a few on simple living. Here are a few of my faves:
(courtesy of http://www.quotegarden.com/simplicity.html)

  • Be content with what you have, rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you. ~Lao Tzu
  • You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
  • Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful. ~William Morris
  • To poke a wood fire is more solid enjoyment than almost anything else in the world. ~Charles Dudley Warner

That last one was an addition for my boyfriend(bf). We go camping several times a year in California and to him there is nothing better than being in the middle of the desert with your best friends, sitting around a fire drinking beer, and having a relaxing time.

No comments: