Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I've been thinking..

A lot about how unhappy I am with all of the crap that goes through my mouth. Granted I am a LOT better than most people, I don't eat fried foods, tons and tons of chips (I don't like chips, really) and I love fruit and veg, but my body is starting to hate me. You think when you become vegetarian that your body is going to be slim and beautiful, but you can be an overweight veghead. How? Pastas, cookies, cakes, ice cream, bread.. etc. It's easy to overdose on those foods because you don't have a giant chicken breast on your plate.
So, I've decided to embark on the raw food diet again. I did it the first time for 3 weeks and did AWESOME! I was eating as much as I wanted and was eating so healthy. Fruits, veg, seeds, nuts, smoothies, and a small portion of raw cheese. After 3 weeks I lost ten pounds, but it came to a point where I was starving. And I don't know why, I was eating a ton and really wasn't hungry, but one Saturday I just said ENOUGH! I need to eat!! So I ordered pizza and well, that's where it went south. :(

But this time, I'm serious! When I lived in England I cooked 99% of the time and it was delicious, healthy, vegan food and I really enjoyed it. So after a while if I get bored with this, I'm going to whip out my crockpot again and start cooking it up so that I'm not out eating all the time. One week and one day in, I'm down 5 lbs. Now granted I haven't been perfect, but I'm working on the 90/10 rule. If I can eat really healthy 90% of the time, then I can be flexible 10% of the time. It's creating that balance so that I don't go insane.

Thus far I'm doing well and pretty happy with myself. My BFF in Florida finally gave up soda and has lost 20lbs in a matter of weeks and is feeling better! Luckily, I gave up soda 10 years ago so I didn't have to break any bad habits there. I'm a water girl all the way! Soda is just disgusting.. anyway. I'll keep the update about my progress and what I've been up to! Now it's stepping up the exercise, I'm ready for a change! Wish me luck!

Best,
LL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWWWW....Look at you mentioning me on that blog! I know you can do this diet hill. Its going to be hard at first as you know from the last time. However, I think that your idea of doing the 90/10 is a great idea. Keep up the great work and before you know it you'll have lost 20lbs from this. Love ya