Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkins on my mind

This weekend was one of the best boyfriend and I have had in such a long time. We went out to dinner on Saturday night and then to a comedy club. Note to stand up comedians/comediennes: talking about menopause and saying the eff word every other word is not funny. This one woman in particular actually scared me and made me just feel quite awkward. Not funny. Not at all. Sunday morning we woke up and took the girls out to the pumpkin patch! It was a smooth, beautiful drive on the way to the teeny town of Willcox. Luckily we showed up at a good time because when we were leaving, it was PACKED!!

The girls got to pick out pumpkins and we got 3 very cool pumpkins, some spaghetti squash (YUM), and I got some mini pumpkins for my co-workers. It was really hot so I got some shaved ice and boyfriend of course got his favorite, kettle corn. It was just a really good day. The weather was beautiful, we got to cut the stems of our own pumpkins, and the drive was just fantastic. The girls had such a good time. We actually drove downtown Willcox and they were having a Wine and Art festival, so we unpacked the girls and walked around while I took a bunch of photos. Willcox is the cutest little town. We were wiped when we were done so I napped in the car and boyfriend napped when we got home. We only carved one pumpkin so far and it turned out really nice, I saved the seeds so that I could roast them for myself. YUM. I absolutely love pumpkin seeds and generally have a dish on my desk with them in it.

Anyway, I will load pictures later! :) I hope you all had as good as a weekend as I did! :)

No comments: