Saturday, October 18, 2008

This weekend...

...I am really looking forward to Sunday! Boyfriend says we're packing up the dogs and going to pick pumpkins! I can't wait. It's the same place we went to get peach pancakes. It's going to be a blast! Now that I know the dogs can come, they're going to be so happy. Unfortunately they can't go to the awesome corn maze they have, but oh well, it will be fun regardless!! Boyfriend leaves soon to go down and live by the border and work for two months so we're trying to get some fun things done. This is one of the worst months to leave because there is so much fun stuff to do and now we're not going to be able to do a lot of it. :(

Check out the sweet corn maze at Apple Annie's Orchards that's cut into 18 acres of corn and is shaped like the Arizona quarter:



Anyway, today he has lots to do when he gets off work so I don't know if I'll see him today at all. And since I'm at work, I decided to update you all on what's been happening in my life. In a few weeks the ex and I are driving back to Missouri to collect things that have been in storage for seven years...this includes wedding presents we've never used! Lol. I'm excited to go see my best friend from high school and spend time with her family. If I don't end up going to Missouri, I'm going to have him drop me off in Dallas to spend time with my family; I haven't seen my sister or nephew since Christmas so I'm excited to see them.

ALSO, I got a phone call from my new employer letting me know that I need to make an "informed decision" regarding my position that I'm supposed to start in December or January. yay. Basically I was told that they're going through "budget cuts" and their policy is "last hired first fired" so I just needed to know that. Fun, huh? So, not being one to sit around and wait, I've applied for two positions in Fort Worth and two in Dallas. I called the hiring manager in Ft. Worth and they're hiring TEN people..so we'll see how that goes. I know my family would be thrilled to have me closer to them and I wouldn't mind it that much. I would be 35 mins from my family and about 2 1/2 hours away from my BFF. We'll see what happens! I told my sister and my dad, but not my mom. I don't want to get her hopes up and I also want to spare myself from daily phone calls of "Did you hear anything yet?"
I hope you all have a great weekend. I joined Apartment Therapy's Fall Cure so I should probably go out and buy the book so that I can catch up. I took a lot of books and DVDs to the used bookstore yesterday and got $89.00 worth of credit so that helped clear the clutter so that I could get some new books and some cool stuff.
Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: