Saturday, November 29, 2008

It's over..


Thanksgiving and Black Friday that is. Isn't it crazy how people go NUTS for bargains that they're willing to camp outside the store for days or wake up super early? Ah, yes. American materialism at its finest, right? And what do you think about the poor guy who got trampled to death at Wal-Mart? Ludicrous on the part of Wal-Mart and the people involved. I don't know, I just don't get it. STUFF is not that important to me, no matter what the deal. My safety (and my sleep!) is way more important then any of that nonsense.

I enjoyed two whole days with the boyfriend, eating, relaxing, and just spending time with him. I cooked a nice big dinner for him, just because. :)Yesterday we needed to get out because he wanted to get a few things and I saw that I Am Legend and Juno were on sale at Target, $3.98 and $5.98, respectively, and we wanted those movies. We got out the door about 10am, hit up Target, which was NOT crowded at all, thank goodness. I resisted the urge to buy my dogs Christmas clothes (at $5.00 each) and just left with Juno. See, I'm doing better on not spending money!

Boyfriend needed a haircut in the WORST way so I remembered this place was advertising $11 haircuts. He got that done while I headed out to Tuesday Morning to see if they had any good specials for the day. Nope. But I did get those wonderful flocked hangers 20 (or was it 10?) for $8.99 so I bought two sets. If you haven't used them, they are the BEST when it comes to keeping your closet organized. Because they are slim they take up a third of the space of regular hangers and plus they have the velvet flock (is that word?) on them so they don't slip off; I have a tiny closet it really keeps all my clothes looking organized (plus they're hot pink too so they make me smile). Anyway, I got those and some yummy green and red spice drops (they remind me so much of Christmas) so I did pretty well on not spending unnecessary money.

After that we ran over to Goodwill where I had a trunk full of donations (yay!) to drop off. The rest of the day was spent on the couch watching movies and cuddling, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I've really committed myself to spending as little as possible. I'm at work today for a few hours (exciting, huh?) and turned down my favorite breakfast burrito to save myself $4.00. Wasn't easy, but I know that having more money in my account is much better for me.

Hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving! :) Gobble, gobble!

No comments: