Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Is it Friday yet?

Since I had to work on Saturday, I decided to call in sick yesterday so that I could spend a nice, long day at home with the girls. Boy, am I glad that I did! There was so much drama at work yesterday, I'm really glad I wasn't here.

I got a lot accomplished this weekend, I thought I would share.
  1. Worked Saturday, got an extra 6 hours of overtime for this paycheck.
  2. Met up with a person from Craiglist who bought some things I had for sale. Made $20.
  3. Sold some clothes to a used clothing store. Made $19.61.
  4. Traded some old books and knickknacks at used bookstore. Made $27 in credit.
  5. Went through my filing system and cleaned out all the old junk. Ended up with probably 3-5 lbs of papers that were promptly brought to work to be securely shredded and recycled.
  6. Boxed up all the pictures, items from my marriage and put it out in the storage shed. (Confession: it's not in the storage shed yet, but on my back porch.)
  7. Collected a bag of goodies to go to Goodwill, still in trunk due to bad accident I wanted to avoid.
  8. Groomed my dogs. Hurt my back in the process, but I saved $80!
  9. Went to Target with a list of things to buy. Did not deviate from said list and bought only what I needed. :) What a wonderful feeling.

So right now I have an additional $40 that can go to the Vitamix fund, boy does that help! I also have a friend who owes me $30 for things she bought from me, so if I can get that from her soon, I will have $70 to put towards the remaining balance of $225, just from selling things and clearing out the clutter!!! :)

All in all, I had a great day yesterday. (And a great weekend since boyfriend came down for the night on Saturday. Can't wait till he comes home for good! :)

Hope you all are doing well! Christmas is only a few weeks away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay...vitamix is almost paid off baby! I can't believe you sold all that stuff! I can't ever get anyone to buy crap around here. I hope all is well and speak to you soon. Love ya