Friday, January 9, 2009

The Good and The Bad: Money edition.

I'm starting a new segment called the Good and the Bad; I'm going to focus on what's going on in my life, obviously the good parts and the bad, this will help me keep focus and keep a positive attitude despite any bad that is going on, I hope you enjoy. Leave some feedback and let me know what you think.

The Good:

I put $317 towards #1 credit card. It's a 0% interest credit card until June so we have to get that paid in full by the end of May; there is no way in H E double hockey sticks I'm going to pay back interest on that puppy. My emergency fund is slowly growing every month, thank goodness. It feels good to see that balance get larger every month!

The Bad:

I need new contacts. Bad. I'm wearing my glasses today, ugh, and I may just have to use the emergency fund money to buy 6 months worth of contacts. I don't think I could continue wearing my glasses; I'm already starting to get a headache. Damage? Around $200. :( Upside? At least the money is there and I don't have to rely on my credit card! :)

My #2 credit card sent me a letter stating they're raising my interest by 2% (!) due to the credit crunch, not due to my credit or anything else I may have done (which is nothing). Ugh. I have the best rate that they offer and when I first opened it, it was 2% higher, so I've done really well in lowering it, but back up she goes. This just means I have to focus harder to pay it off--not like I'm already not doing that!

With boyfriend out of work until at least next month or until he finds something, I'm responsible for taking care of the credit card payments. :( He was making AWESOME money and we put a huge dent in our card debt and now it comes to an almost stand still. That just sucks. Once he starts school though, the VA will send him another check and that extra money sure will help, but not that much, especially if he isn't working that much.

Conclusion: Although things aren't going exactly my way, I can handle the extra little pressure. At least I have a job! :)

No comments: