Friday, January 9, 2009

UPDATE: Emergency fund vs. Credit card

I found this article online My Two Dollars with the reader asking advice on the same situation as mine; The only difference between our situations that she has 8 months left on her 0% interest and has enough in her EF to pay it all off, whereas I'm down to only 4 months, plus I don't have enough in my EF to cover my credit card debt.

The advice that she was given was to leave her EF alone and just pay on her credit card. I think his advice is solid; if I had 8 months left as well, I would do the same thing. I just have 4 months left to pay $3400. I think I will continue my payment schedule as laid out and then if worse comes to worse, I'll use my EF as a fall back.

I hope I don't have to use my EF at all, I don't want to, but I also don't want to have to pay $100s of dollars in interest to keep the cash on hand, you know?

No comments: