Monday, February 23, 2009

This past weekend...

On Saturday I had to work for three hours (yay to overtime!) and then I went to an animal fair with my good friend, E. I haven't seen her in a while so we packed up the girls (she is so in love with them!) and head out to the park to see what it was all about. The weather was nice so I wore jeans and flip flops and a tank top but brought my sweater just in case. Ruby had her sweater on and Juno had a cute little polo on. So cute! Anyway, we get there and I definitely didn't need my sweater, it was pretty nice outside, and some @$$hole makes some remark about "a dog being in a sweater when it's 85 degrees outside", I kept my acid tongue in place because I don't feel like explaining that my dog is cold 24/7, even when it is hot. I don't know what happened from when we walked from the parking lot to the fair a 7-minute walk away, but it felt like someone opened the gates to hell to let it get some fresh air. It was so bloody hot we could barely stand it. Not only that, it was overcrowded with people and their dogs (who weren't paying attention to where they were going) and it was just a nut fest. Poor Ruby kept jumping up because she was overwhelmed by all the people so she was being held 95% of the time which meant I had to juggle Juno and the other stuff I was carrying or E would take Ruby from me since Juno won't leave my side. Not.Fun. (oh, and I had to take her sweater off because for once, she was too hot!) We ended up buying lemon ices and taking them to the dog park so we could escape the chaos.

Anyway, after the animal fair, E and I went to the library and got a few books, I got one organization and it put me in the mood to purge my clothes. I dumped everything out from the closet and my dresser and put it on my bed. I then took a garbage bag and filled it for the Goodwill and took the rest to two different used clothing stores. My grand total for selling clothes? $9.30. And I had a ton of clothes left over. I don't know why they don't take some of the items, they're clean, no rips or stains and barely any signs of wear. Ugh. BF was frustrated, "You have really nice stuff, what gives?" So I took about 2 bags of stuff to the Goodwill. I have an extremely small closet so any free room will only help. Plus, it's said that one only wears 20% of their wardrobe 80% of the time, why have those clothes take up all that space?

All in all, the weekend was pretty nice (despite working) and I got some things accomplished which always makes me happy! BF and I are really trying to watch our money (as if this is news) so we tried to resist going out to eat.

No comments: