Saturday, April 18, 2009

Life is too short.


Duh. We all know that. But why don't we ever pay attention to how short it is until something tragic happens? It's only when a young child passes away or when the media focuses on Natasha Richardson or Jade Goody do we step back and go, damn. They were so young, they had families, they had lives. And now they're gone. What about me? Could that happen to me?

We complain about our jobs (GUILTY!), our love lives (GUILTY!), the fact that our lives aren't going as we had planned them (GUILTY again!). It's time to take a stand. It's time to say, Damn it. This is not what I had planned. Time to do something about it. That's what I'm doing. I'm taking a stand. I'm saying, this job sucks, and I'm not going to take it anymore *shakes fist*. In two weeks I will be unemployed. I have no job lined up. And I'm okay with that. I need a break. I need to focus on what I need to do next. Do I wait in Tucson until my job with the county comes through? Do I move home with my parents so that I can spend time with my family? I need to do what makes me happy. I'm going into the Air Force. I WILL get approval from the board. This what I want to do with my life. I want to serve my country and travel the world. I want to be back in the military lifestyle and culture. It's where I fit. That's my problem; I haven't fit in anywhere here yet and it has had a major impact in my life.
It's been a roller coaster these last two years in Tucson, being a single woman after 10 years. I've learned, I've grown. I've made some mistakes. I've made some good friends. I found my two pups which have made my life so much happier. Is it time to move on? I guess I'll find out soon.

No comments: