Monday, May 4, 2009

Since I've been gone...


I wish I could say to you that I've been crazy-busy running around like mad getting everything sorted. I really wish I could. But then I'd be lying. Truth of the matter is...I've been really lazy. I'm trying to get motivated to get things done, to do more things with my time, but I just can't. I suppose it comes from having satellite TV and no one around to support me through my move--but those are also just excuses.

I've been busy exercising for sure, no, I haven't neglected that. I'm sticking pretty much 100% to Nutrisystem right now and that has brought me down 10 1/2 pounds so far. I put on a pair of jeans the other day that I haven't fit into (well, didn't have to squeeze into) since I moved to Tucson almost two years ago. They fit so well, it's nice to have my old clothes back! On Sunday, I wore a top to breakfast with ex-boyfriend and it was like a tent and was falling off of my shoulders, literally falling off; no more wearing that top I guess! I feel better and let me tell you, running with the girls is actually getting to be fun right now! I enjoy our runs in the mornings or late evenings. I'm trying to get in exercise about three times a day--this includes running/and or walking with the girls, cardio/weights, and a bike ride. I think the more exercise I get, the days will go by faster and I won't feel so lazy watching marathons of The Real Housewives of New York City. Oops.

In any event, I'm going to try and add a day blog on my list of things to do! In the meantime, I'm going to try and hold myself accountable to this items that need to get done ASAP:

  1. Stop by U-Haul store for packing paper.
  2. Get Ruby to the groomers. She is looking ultra-shaggy.
  3. Get yard sale items ready for yard sale (hopefully this weekend!)
  4. Post yard sale notice on craigslist.
  5. Continue to pack items and get at least 2 boxes done per day.
  6. Organize file folders and get rid of unnecessary paperwork.
I was lucky enough to find a guy on craigslist who is going to give me his empty moving boxes; in all reality I really don't think I have that much left to pack inside the house; it's really the storage shed where a lot of crap is (crap that needs to go on the yard sale!). Whatever doesn't sell is for sure going to Goodwill--I really don't need to tote anything unnecessary to Texas with me.

In Air Force news, I should be going to Phoenix hopefully on Wednesday or Thursday to complete my physical. After this is complete I will have a meeting with my recruiter's commander and then my package is submitted to the board; then I will have my decision. I'm hoping to have my physical stuff and meeting done before I move, otherwise I will move to Texas and get it done then.

I promise I'll do better with posting. I hope you all are doing fabulous!

No comments: