Saturday, May 1, 2010

Transforming "His" to "Ours"

If I hadn't mentioned previously, I lucked out when I married my handsome husband in the fact that he had purchased a 2 bedroom/2 bath house about a year before we met. Unfortunately my husband lived like a bachelor..i.e. cardboard furniture and borrowed furniture from my in-laws. The moment I stepped in the house I said, "Ah, yes, this house needs a woman's touch..and furnishings...bad!" Lucky for him, his beautiful wife had a storage shed full of goodies just waiting to come out of hiding.

I love our little house. It was built in the 80s..like me...and is 1100sqft. It has fantastic high ceilings, a 2 car garage, an odd little atrium, and amazing bathrooms. Right now we are in the process of transforming the house into our home. We have so far ripped up all the nasty old carpet and spent the last 3 days prepping and painting the living room. Bless his heart, he had it painted the most gosh-awful green, which he truly loved:

Him: "Honey, I can't believe you don't like this green! You are the first person to ever walk in this house and hate this color."
Me: "No, I'm the first person to walk in this house and tell you the truth."


Yes, it really was that bad, so now it's a nice dark neutral brown with olive tones in it. It will go nice with the mid-century vibe we have going on in the house, not to mention when we lay our new laminate flooring (which might I say has been in the garage for months now!).

Anyway, it's nice to have a house, a house that we can do what we want with it and make our own decisions without consulting a landlord. It's amazing when you finally learn to trust God..he gives you everything you've always wanted!

Now we are on to the flooring..and who knows what other projects are in store for us! Just getting my inspiration from a variety of places and can't wait to get it all done!

No comments: