Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tunnel vision

Apologies for not posting in a while. I've been extremely unmotivated lately. Frustrated. Stressed. Aggravated. You name it, that's what I've been going through. Dreading my job, dreaming about my job..even on the weekends. UGH. I feel like I can't escape it and I'm just over it. Right now I have tunnel vision on two major life changes:

1. Moving to England. I lived there from 2001-2007. I couldn't wait to move back to the States. I was over Europe, I was ready to get back to American culture. And then something happened. I moved home and thought, "Is this what I was missing? Ok, I'm over it. Send me back." And now, more than ever, I am dying to move overseas again. That is all I can think about...and sometimes dream about. (Except in my last dream I was 20 mins late for my flight and they wouldn't let me on...talk about nightmare..haha...) I know hubby has only until May 2011 until he is done with his Masters in Social Work, then it's on to get a job..either through Civil Service in the military or through a sponsored employer in England. Come hell or high water, this time next year, we will be there!

2. Starting a family. For the first time ever(And do I mean ever) I'm ready to have a baby...it's all I can think about. I've talked to husband about this and he says we need to focus on the plan (England) but I know we can do both...realistically it would be smarter to wait until we're overseas...but I want to at least start trying..maybe in a few months.

I've begun the process of purging like crazy. I took today off (4 day weekend, thankyouverymuch) and have done nothing but clean and purge. I'm hoping to have a yard sale this weekend to make a little money and get rid of things that just need to go elsewhere. I know what it is like to move and have too much stuff..and unless we get a civil service job where they will pay to move us, we need to downsize. Immediately.

So, that's what's going on right now, dear readers. Thank you for your patience. I think after my four day break from work, I can finally regroup and think again..ok, maybe not! :) But I'm going to try.

No comments: