Friday, December 23, 2011

Almost there!

So, I bought my first house. :) Yes, we still have "our" house in Texas..but since my name is not on the paperwork, it's always been "his" house. (And yes, we have renters in there!) We found our house on a rainy Sunday afternoon less than 2 weeks ago, the next day my husband and I put an offer on it.

We have until next Thursday, December 29 in our month-to-month rental until I become an official HOMEOWNER. We are both very excited to get settled in my beloved Tucson. The location is nestled in a very quiet, family neighborhood convenient to both of our jobs.

What's crazy is that we are adding 2 extra bedrooms and 500 square feet from our previous home. What the heck are we going to do with all of the space? Embrace it and make it minimal of course. We continue to wait day-by-day until the 29th comes but we are so blessed that we found a home we love that is a great price in a safe, quiet neighborhood.

2011 has been an awesome year for us! While the last 5 months have been nothing but chaos, when we get moved in next weekend, it will be completely worth it.

Merry Christmas everyone! We will be spending our Christmas in Tucson..probably drinking Starbucks (hey, they're open!) and eating See's chocolates and peanut brittle. :)

No comments: