Monday, December 5, 2011

January, really?

Wow, I didn't realize I was in that big of a blogging/life funk that my last post was in January. As in, one year ago. Whew. It's amazing how life throws so many curve balls that sometimes, one just wants to shut down...and I think that's what happened. I was in such a state of mild depression...it was too embarrassing to talk about..embarrassing, somewhat humiliated, and generally down...that I just didn't want to talk about it. But I should have...because that's life and reality and a lot of people go through what we did:

  • college graduation = job uncertainty + student loan repayment + "Did we do the right thing?"
  • Husband's unemployment to PRN/hourly work
  • 2 months of separation
  • Move to new state
  • Housing instability + trying to rent out current house + looking for a new place
  • The uncertainty of a new job for me while husband gets an amazing job
Does your head hurt yet? Mine does...so to put it out there. Husband graduated from grad school, finished his paid, part-time internship, picked up PRN hourly work, filled out approximately 50 job applications, and got picked up by the Feds. :) I'm not going to get too in detail with the job description but it's a mental health position working with an extremely difficult population.

While he got the job in August (super proud, just an FYI) he moved to Arizona..yes, I'm BACK in Tucson! in September while I stayed behind in Texas SLAVING hour after hour, weekend after weekend, prepping our home for potential renters. Honestly, I've never been more stressed out in my entire life. I've moved a lot in my life, but never have I had a move as difficult as this.

Husband moved here in the middle of September, I moved down here 2 months later..and as of 3 days ago, we JUST moved into a month-to-month rental until we buy a house. Oh, did I mention we put in a bid yesterday on a house? Crazy. I'm baaaaack. 

Signed,
Blessed and stressed

No comments: