Friday, August 15, 2008

Peach picking on a brisk summer day? It's MADNESS!


For some reason right now, I'm really giddy. Yes, I just said giddy. I don't know why but my brain is going a mile a minute and I'm really excited about something and I just don't know why. Perhaps it's because it's Friday and I'm going to pick peaches on Sunday?!?! Did someone say All-you-can-eat peach pancake breakfast? Why, yes. I just did.

There is this really cool family-run orchard called Apple Annie's Orchards in Willcox about 1 1/2 hours from Tucson and I'm super excited about going. BF and I had planned on going to pick pumpkins for last Halloween, but we never got around to it. This weekend is MY weekend and I'm dying for some fresh air and the peach pancakes. :) It's outdoors and with cheesy tractor rides around the property, I'm positively cracked out on excitement.

It reminds me of the Will and Grace episode where Grace is just starting to date Leo (Harry Connick, Jr.) and they mention that they want to rent bikes and go pick pumpkins. Well, Will and Grace, being ever so lazy are shocked when Leo has taken it upon himself to rent bikes and equipment for the trip. ("A pumpkin picking bike trip on a brisk fall day? It's madness!") Well, if you love Will and Grace humor, this is one of the funniest episodes. I guess that's what I'm reminded of when I think of going to pick peaches on this family farm. It's madness! hehe. Ok. I'll stop now.

Anyway, I'm in a good mood for the first time in a long time. I had I-Hop for breakfast (courtesy of work) and a Dairy Queen Blizzard for lunch. Bad? Yeah, but it tastes sooo good. This day has turned into a good one for sure; a week ago today I was preparing myself to put Duke down and now that he's gone, I have such peace about his passing and know he's in a much better place (even though he's there without me).
I have lots I want to accomplish this weekend; you know, watching all my shows on DVR, jumping on my trampoline, thrift store shopping...and I'm hoping I can get it all done, if not, heck, I don't care! I'm eating peach pancakes damn it. YAY!!!!
Photo from allposters.com

No comments: