Monday, December 15, 2008

Time to be grateful


As I was walking my pups this morning, we were almost home and we walked past a bus stop with two elderly gentlemen sitting there waiting for the bus. Ruby immediately goes over to them and just loves up on them; it was quite sweet and the guys didn't seem to mind at all. They had big smiles on their faces and asked what her name was and they said she was a very sweet dog. (Couldn't agree with them more) She just kept getting up to get some love, one of the men told me he wished he could take her and that he wants a dog like her. He said that he lives in a homeless shelter, so he's not allowed to have any pets.

I'm always aware of how blessed I am with what I have in my life and frequently thank God that I have the ability to be in a home, warm bed, and have the ability to pay for everything. This really opened my eyes, especially after being laid off for 6 months last year; it's amazing how it affects one's outlook.

As I was walking away from these men, I said a silent prayer for them for the holidays. To think that these two elderly men (and we're talking 60s/70s) had no home really broke my heart while I walked to my heated home.

In this day and age, we all need to be grateful of what we HAVE and not what we don't, remember, there is always someone who has it worse off that we do and we need to be appreciative of what we have been blessed with in our lives. I also thank Ruby for what probably made these two men's day, sometimes animals just know when someone needs a little love in their life.

No comments: