Sunday, April 26, 2009

Yay! I got a bike!


Yesterday I decided that I can't sit around for 12+ hours and watch endless satellite TV so I gathered the girls, a water bottle, and their portable bowl to see how far we could walk. Whoa. Dumb idea. When I knew I should stop and turn around, I didn't. Eventually I walked us to the park 3.5 miles away. Now, you're thinking, I can do that. Well, yeah. 3.5 miles isn't that bad. It's the other 3.5 miles going back (and when I had blisters from the day before, yeah, stupid I know). So we took a breather, hung out for a bit, and trudged home. It was nice to be home, the whole walk across town took about 3 hours in total. On the walk home, we walked past a pawn shop where there were some bikes outside. I slowly walked past and noticed a pink cruiser; I have wanted a bike for some time now but just haven't done anything about it. I made a mental note to go by today and check it out.

First thing this morning I went over there and checked out the bike. It's a Trek Wasabi in Pearl Pink. Now, I know nothing about bikes. I haven't had a bike since I was 13. The sticker price was $220.00. I was hoping to spend under $150 at this point in time. Lucky me, I saw a sign that said "All Bikes 50% off." :) <<---yeah, that was me. Smilin. Mama does love a bargain. So I asked the sales clerk if I could ride it around the parking lot. Luckily, I did not fall and bust my lady bits. Told her I'd take the bike if she'd take $100 for it. SOLD.

Anyway, got home, did some research and found that the bike retails for $379.99. Couldn't have had a better bargain. It's in great condition. The handles are made of cork and there's a small chunk out of one of them and they're dirty from general use, as are the pedals. The seat looks brand new and there is just minor wear everywhere else. I ran to Play It Again Sports and got a helmet, lock, and light.

Went on a ride, and let me tell you. It was so exhilarating and freeing, I don't know why I waited so long to get a bike. One of the girls who was looking at the other bikes told me I was one pink basket away from being the coolest person on Earth.

Now it's off to find a basket so I can go grocery shopping and used bike trailer so I can pull the girls along too! Hope you all are having a great weekend!

No comments: