In other news, I'm canceling Nutrisystem, while I love their Apple Strudel Scone breakfast, pizza dinner, and desserts, I'm just done with it all. I have a whole month's worth of food at my parent's house waiting for me and I still have about 2 weeks worth of food here so I'm definitely going to use it, but right now I've found some new cookbooks and I really want to get back to cooking. My mom told me that she is going to give me her debit card to go grocery shopping. This helps her out because:
- My parents don't cook. All my friends say, Oh aren't you excited to go home to Mom's cooking? And I say, Umm..what cooking? My parents, especially my mom, don't cook.
- I loooove to grocery shop, my parents don't.
- My parents don't enjoy cooking, I love to cook. It was so much fun to cook for my husband when we were married, being single it isn't as much fun, plus you have a TON of food leftover which can get old. Don't get me wrong, I love leftovers, but not for 2 weeks straight.
- I can control (to a point) what my mom puts in her mouth. I can really help her find healthy eating habits and establish a healthy diet for her.
- I'm going to be eating much better than pre-packaged meals and lots of yummy fresh fruits and veg and whole grains.
- My parents eat out way too much. Probably 5+ times a week, I want to show them that preparing healthy food can be fast and affordable.