Friday, April 17, 2009

Military...


Right now I'm working on getting my package together for the Air Force; this includes an application with a lot of previous employment information as well past residences. I am also working on my letters of recommendation; right now I have five that I'm going to submit to the board for consideration. It's looking like it will take several months up to a year to get into the Air Force. I'm optimistic, I know it will take time but I'm excited to get the process rolling.

I also have to go to the hospital to get a physical; get my blood drawn and check to make sure I'm healthy enough to serve. I'm not sure when any of this will take place, but I'm READY! Sign me up! I ordered the Air Force Officer's Guide from Amazon and got it in the mail, so I'm going to prepare myself for the things that I don't know about the Air Force. It's going to be interesting, I've seen the other two sides of the Air Force, being a dependent child and a dependent spouse and I think those two experiences can only help me succeed.

I've been running although I definitely need to step it up; maybe when I get to Dallas I can sign up for a 5K with my sister and that will give us motivation to get healthy (and get my running in order!)

I'll continue to keep you all updated and see what's next and how long it's going to take!
Edit: Awww, just talked to my sister. Told her about the 5K idea and she said she'd rather walk at a brisk pace. When I told her we're gonna run, she said, "If you can do it, I can do it." Way to go Sis! :)

No comments: