Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy New Year!

Well my dear readers. What a ride 2009 has been for me and let me tell you how extremely grateful I am that God put me through all of the trials and tribulations of the last six months of my life. It has definitely been a time of growth, development, reflection, and change. Most of those months I had regretted moving to Dallas, questioning myself and God's motives for the change. In those six months I went from working a part-time job, to two part-time jobs, to nothing. From dating a complete and utter jerk who was extremely insecure and emotionally abusive to feeling hopeless about my love life.

My, my...how interesting it is to go from desperation and hopelessness to feeling on top of the world. As I sit here and type this, I am on my lunch break at my full-time job. As I had mentioned before, it is due to one person (and God's grace) that I have this position and I couldn't be more grateful. The timing was perfect..as it had always been planned out and now I feel as though I am able to make a difference in what I do. I won't go into full details but I am working in the mental health field and my clients are homeless; I will be assisting them with housing as well as coping and managing their mental illness. The humbleness that I feel that God has put me into something with such responsibility is indescribable.

For Christmas I got a full-time job, for New Year's, I got the most incredible, amazing, supportive, intelligent boyfriend. Things with us have progressed at an alarming rate and while both of us feel the fast progression, we are feeding off of it and enjoying every minute we spend together. With us there is open communication, no pressures, no insecurities, no games...it's all about us enjoying each other's company, appreciating each other for who we are, and being each other's support system. We both love Christ and work continuously at putting him at the center of our relationship because we know it will only strengthen us as a couple. I couldn't have asked for a better person to come into my life..and at the exact moment I needed him.

So, my readers. Happy New Year. May 2010 be the best year of your life. May you continuously grow, love without reservation, pray everyday, and know that things will always get better.

No comments: